Monday 9 July 2012

Lavendar Wands

I didn't buy corsages or button holes because I didn't think they really fit in (this is one of the wonderful things with medieval weddings, a lot of modern stuff can easily be cut out and no one will think it's missing because it wouldn't fit in) but I saw this a couple of weeks ago and decided to have a try for our mums. Unfortunately I couldn't find any long enough for our mums so I did these small ones for our nieces and as a present to a friend who has helped out a lot.

You need 2m of ribbon, 0.5cm or narrower and an odd number of lavendar stems (I used 9 and 13) roughly equal length.


Strip off the leaves.


Tie one end of the length of ribbon just under the flowers.



I need more pictures, I'll add them when I get chance.

Fold the stalks over the flowers at the ribbon.

Take the long end of the ribbon and weave in through the stalks. It's a bit fiddly at first but once you've done the first two rounds it get easier. You need to pull it really tight because as it dries out it will get looser.

Leave it over night to dry out and then tighten up the weaving.

Once you've finished the weaving, you can either tie it off and have the stalks loose or wrap the ribbon all the way down and finish with a bow. You might find a little superglue useful for securing the ribbon!

I included two stalks for the blue one

No comments:

Post a Comment